Saturday 18 January 2014

Getting Down To Business


First of all,  I'd like to say how happy I am that I will be racing for Norco Factory Team again next year! I'm so excited that I'll be racing alongside my teammates from last year, as well as with Cayley Brooks and Peter Disera. The team is a force to be reckoned with - look out for us on the trails! It will be an awesome season of racing and travelling with some of the coolest people around. Can't wait for the adventures to start.

Now, like the title says, it's down to business. One week ago, I flew to Tucson, AZ with Cayley and Laura B. to begin the winter's training. I'm still enrolled in courses, so I can't say that I've had much time to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. However, the riding has been amazing, and it's so nice to be able to get some longer days in without worrying about hypothermia. We've done some mtbing, climbed Lemmon, and rode (well, really, raced) our first shoot-out this morning. That being said, the was the first time that I've really put my Tactic to work - and man, did it feel good! I have literally never been so comfortable on a bike. Apart from the fact that my heart rate was through the roof, I felt like I could have been floating.

The next month will be spent training, filling my head with knowledge, and attempting to get some relaxation in. It's amazing how quickly your days can be filled up with training and school. I haven't taken a ton of pictures yet, but here are a few to give you a taste of Tucson:

I tried to replicate the picture I took on Lemmon here last here. I'd say it's pretty darn close. 

I think I'm going to start calling this bike The Stallion.

Kept calm while I ripped the Fantasy Island trails.

The C Brooks signature pizza, plus a lovely addition of bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment